Cell Meter™ Caspase 9 Activity Apoptosis Assay Kit *Red Fluorescence*
|Shipping||Standard overnight for United States, inquire for international|
|H-phrase||H303, H313, H333|
|Intended use||Research Use Only (RUO)|
|R-phrase||R20, R21, R22|
|Cell Meter™ Caspase 9 Activity Apoptosis Assay Kit *Blue Fluorescence*|
|Cell Meter™ Caspase 9 Activity Apoptosis Assay Kit *Green Fluorescence*|
Fluorescence microplate reader
|Recommended plate||Black wall/clear bottom|
|Instrument specification(s)||Top or bottom read mode|
AT A GLANCE
- Prepare cells with test compounds (100 µL/well/96-well plate or 25 µL/well/384-well plate)
- Add equal volume of Caspase 9 Substrate working solution (100 µL/well/96-well plate or 25 µL/well/384-well plate)
- Incubate at room temperature for 1 hour
- Monitor fluorescence intensity (top or bottom read mode) at Ex/Em = 540/620 nm (Cutoff = 610 nm)
Thaw all the kit components at room temperature before starting the experiment.
PREPARATION OF WORKING SOLUTION
Add 5 µL of 200X Ac-LEHD-ProRed™ stock solution (Component A) into 1 mL of Assay Buffer (Component B) and mix well to make Caspase 9 Substrate working solution. Protect from light. Note: Caspase 9 working solution is not stable, use it promptly. 1 mL of Caspase 9 Substrate working solution is enough for 10 assays. Note: Aliquot and store unused caspase 9 substrate (Component A) and assay buffer (Component B) at-20 oC. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
For guidelines on cell sample preparation, please visit
SAMPLE EXPERIMENTAL PROTOCOL
- Treat cells by adding 10 µL/well of 10X test compounds (96-well plate) or 5 µL/well of 5X test compounds (384- plate) into PBS or the desired buffer. For blank wells (medium without the cells), add the same amount of compound buffer.
- Incubate the cell plate in a 37 °C, 5% CO2, incubator for a desired period of time (3-4 hours for Jurkat cells treated with staurosporine) to induce apoptosis.
- Add 100 µL/well/96-wel or 25 µL/well/384-well plate of Caspase 9 Substrate working solution.
- Incubate the plate at room temperature for at least 1 hour, protected from light. Note: If desired, add 1 µL of the 1 mM Ac-LEHD-CHO caspase 9 inhibitor to selected samples 10 minutes before adding Caspase 9 Substarte working solution at room temperature to confirm the inhibition of the caspase 9-like activities.
- Monitor the fluorescence intensity with a fluorescence microplate reader (either top or bottom read mode) at Ex/Em = 540/620 nm (Cutoff = 610 nm). Note: Sometimes, bottom read gives better signal to background ratio. Centrifuge cell plate (especially for the non-adherent cells) at 800 rpm for 2 minutes (brake off) if using bottom read mode.
|Name||Excitation (nm)||Emission (nm)||Extinction coefficient (cm -1 M -1)|
|Cell Meter™ Caspase 9 Activity Apoptosis Assay Kit *Blue Fluorescence*||341||441||-|
|Cell Meter™ Caspase 9 Activity Apoptosis Assay Kit *Green Fluorescence*||500||522||80000|
Authors: Rath, Matthias and Schwefel, Konrad and Malinverno, Matteo and Skowronek, Dariush and Leopoldi, Alexandra and Pilz, Robin A and Biedenweg, Doreen and Bekeschus, Sander and Penninger, Josef M and Dejana, Elisabetta and others,
Journal: Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences (2022): 1--20
Authors: Bakar, Siti Aishah Abu and Ali, Abdul Manaf and Noor, Siti Noor Fazliah Mohd and Hamid, Shahrul Bariyah Sahul and Azhar, Nur Asna and Mohamad, Noor Muzamil and Ahmad, Nor Hazwani
Journal: BioMed Research International (2022)
Authors: Wang, Lin and Hu, Xiaofan and Ma, Xiangyu and Ma, Zhensheng and Zhang, Yang and Lu, Yizhao and Li, Xiang and Lei, Wei and Feng, Yafei
Journal: Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces (2016): 440--452
Authors: He, Wei and Feng, Jianfang and Zhang, Yan and Wang, Yuanyuan and Zang, Wenqiao and Zhao, Guoqiang
Journal: Laboratory Investigation (2016): 317--324
Authors: Knoll, Gertrud and Bittner, Sebastian and Kurz, Maria and Jantsch, Jonathan and Ehrenschwender, Martin
Journal: Oncotarget (2016)
Authors: Wang, Q and Shi, Y and Butler, HJ and Xue, J and Wang, G and Duan, P and Zheng, H
Journal: Human & Experimental Toxicology (2016): 0960327116650006
Authors: Palma, Luis Mario Aguirre and Flamme, Hanna and Gerke, Iris and Kreuzer, Karl-Anton
Journal: Cancer Microenvironment (2016): 13--26
Authors: Ye, Fang and Li, Xiaoyi and Li, Lili and Yuan, Jing and Chen, Jun
Journal: Oxidative medicine and cellular longevity (2015)
Authors: Wang, Lin and Zhao, Xiong and Wei, Bo-yuan and Liu, Yi and Ma, Xiang-yu and Wang, Jian and Cao, Peng-chong and Zhang, Yang and Yan, Ya-bo and Lei, Wei and others, undefined
Journal: Biochimie (2015): 85--93
Authors: Han, Jianjun and Zhang, Lu and Guo, Hui and Wysham, Weiya Z and Roque, Dario R and Willson, Adam K and Sheng, Xiugui and Zhou, Chunxiao and Bae-Jump, Victoria L
Journal: Gynecologic oncology (2015): 668--675