Cell Meter™ Cell Viability Assay Kit *Blue Fluorescence with 405 nm Excitation*
|Shipping||Standard overnight for United States, inquire for international|
|H-phrase||H303, H313, H333|
|Intended use||Research Use Only (RUO)|
|R-phrase||R20, R21, R22|
Fluorescence microplate reader
|Recommended plate||Black wall/clear bottom|
|Instrument specification(s)||Bottom read mode|
AT A GLANCE
- Prepare cells with test compounds
- Add the same volume of CytoCalcein™ Violet 450, AM working solution (100 µL/well/96-well plate or 25 µL/well/384-well plate)
- Incubate at room temperature or 37°C for 1 hour
- Monitor fluorescence intensity (bottom read mode) at Ex/Em = 405/460 nm (Cutoff = 435 nm)
Thaw one of each kit component at room temperature before starting the experiment.
PREPARATION OF STOCK SOLUTION
1. CytoCalcein™ Violet 450, AM stock solution:
Add 20 µL of DMSO (Component B) into the vial of CytoCalcein™ Violet 450, AM (Component A), and mix well to make CytoCalcein™ Violet 450, AM stock solution. Note: 20 µL of CytoCalcein™ Violet 450, AM stock solution is enough for one plate. Protect from light. For storage, seal tubes tightly.
PREPARATION OF WORKING SOLUTION
Add the whole content (20 µL) of CytoCalcein™ Violet 450, AM stock solution into 10 mL of Assay Buffer (Component C), and mix well to make CytoCalcein™ Violet 450, AM working solution. This CytoCalcein™ Violet 450, AM working solution is stable for at least 2 hours at room temperature. Note: If the cells such as CHO cells contain organic-anion transporters which promote the leakage of the fluorescent dye over time, a probenecid stock solution should be prepared and added to the loading buffer at a final in-well working concentration ranging from 1 to 2.5 mM. Aliquot and store the unused probenecid stock solution at ≤ -20 °C.
For guidelines on cell sample preparation, please visit
SAMPLE EXPERIMENTAL PROTOCOL
- Treat cells with test compounds as desired. Note: It is not necessary to wash cells before adding compounds. However, if tested compounds are serum sensitive, growth medium and serum factors can be aspirated away before adding compounds. Add 100 µL/well (96-well plate) and 25 µL/well (384-well plate) of 1X Hank’s salt solution and 20 mM Hepes buffer (HHBS) or the buffer of your choice after aspiration. Alternatively, cells can be grown in a serum-free media.
- Add 100 µL/well (96-well plate) or 25 µL/well (384-well plate) of CytoCalcein™ Violet 450, AM working solution.
- Incubate the plate at room temperature or 37°C for 1 hour, protected from light. (The incubation time could be from 15 minutes to overnight. We got the optimal results with the incubation time less than 4 hours). Note: The appropriate incubation time depends on the individual cell type and cell concentration used. Optimize the incubation time for each experiment. Note: DO NOT wash the cells after loading. Note: For non-adherent cells, it is recommended to centrifuge cell plates at 800 rpm for 2 minutes with brake off after incubation.
- Monitor the fluorescence intensity with a fluorescence plate reader (bottom read mode) at Ex/Em = 405/460 nm (Cutoff = 435 nm).
|Name||Excitation (nm)||Emission (nm)|
|Cell Meter™ Cell Adhesion Assay Kit||494||514|
|Cell Meter™ Cell Proliferation Assay Kit||503||527|
Authors: Li, Jingcheng and Zhang, Jianxiong and Wang, Meng and Pan, Junxia and Chen, Xiaowei and Liao, Xiang
Journal: Biomedical Optics Express (2017): 2599--2610
Authors: Price, Tulin O and Sheibani, Nader and Shah, Gul N
Journal: Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA)-Molecular Basis of Disease (2017): 929--935
Authors: Wang, Jingjing and Fa, Jingjing and Wang, Pengyun and Jia, Xinzhen and Peng, Huixin and Chen, Jing and Wang, Yifan and Wang, Chenhui and Chen, Qiuyun and Tu, Xin and others, undefined
Journal: Cellular Signalling (2017)
Authors: Bogert, Nicolai V and Werner, Isabella and Kornberger, Angela and Meybohm, Patrick and Moritz, Anton and Keller, Till and Stock, Ulrich A and Beiras-Fern, undefined and ez, Andres
Journal: Scientific reports (2016)
Authors: Alharbi, Hattan A and Saunders, David MV and Al-Mousa, Ahmed and Alcorn, Jane and Pereira, Alberto S and Martin, Jonathan W and Giesy, John P and Wiseman, Steve B
Journal: Aquatic Toxicology (2016): 81--88
Authors: Brett, Marie-Elena and Crampton, Alex and ra L , undefined and Wood, David K
Journal: Technology (2016): 1--8
Authors: Alharbi, Hattan A and Alcorn, Jane and Al-Mousa, Ahmed and Giesy, John P and Wiseman, Steve B
Journal: Journal of Applied Toxicology (2016)
Authors: Thiebes, Anja Lena and Reddemann, Manuel Armin and Palmer, Johannes and Kneer, Reinhold and Jockenhoevel, Stefan and Cornelissen, Christian Gabriel
Journal: Tissue Engineering Part C: Methods (2016): 322--331
Authors: Liu, Peixi and Zhou, Yingjie and An, Qingzhu and Song, Yaying and Chen, Xi and Yang, Guo-Yuan and Zhu, Wei
Journal: MEDICINE (2016): 1--8
Authors: Thiebes, Anja Lena and Albers, Stefanie and Klopsch, Christian and Jockenhoevel, Stefan and Cornelissen, Christian G
Journal: BioResearch open access (2015): 278--287
Authors: Li, Deng and Xiang, Xiaocong and Yang, Fei and Xiao, Dongqin and Liu, Kang and Chen, Zhu and Zhang, Ruolan and Feng, Gang
Journal: Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications (2017)
Authors: Zibek S, Stett A, Koltay P, Hu M, Zengerle R, Nisch W, Stelzle M.
Journal: Biophys J. (2006)
Authors: Klesius PH, Evans JJ, Shoemaker CA, Pasnik DJ.
Journal: Fish Shellfish Immunol (2006): 20
Authors: Bratosin D, Mitrofan L, Palii C, Estaquier J, Montreuil J.
Journal: Cytometry A (2005): 78
Authors: Schoonen WG, Westerink WM, de Roos JA, Debiton E.
Journal: Toxicol In Vitro (2005): 505
Authors: Iwanowicz LR, Densmore CL, Ottinger CA.
Journal: Fish Shellfish Immunol (2004): 127
Authors: Uggeri J, Gatti R, Belletti S, Sc and roglio R, Corradini R, Rotoli BM, Orl and ini G., undefined
Journal: Histochem Cell Biol (2004): 499
Authors: Mueller H, Kassack MU, Wiese M.
Journal: J Biomol Screen (2004): 506
Authors: Goto T, Kajiwara H, Yoshinari M, Fukuhara E, Kobayashi S, Tanaka T.
Journal: Biomaterials (2003): 3885
Authors: Tokudome Y, Sugibayashi K.
Journal: Biol Pharm Bull (2003): 1508