ReadiUse™ 10% Triton X-100 *Hydrogen Peroxide-and Carbonyl-Free*
Additional ordering information
|Shipping||Standard overnight for United States, inquire for international|
Storage, safety and handling
|Intended use||Research Use Only (RUO)|
|Storage||Room temperature (10-25 °C)|
See also: Buffers and Lab Consumables
Triton™ X-100 is a common non-ionic mild surfactant, which is often routinely utilized to lyse cells, extract proteins and cellular organelles, permeabilize the living cell membranes and solubilize proteins. However, the polyoxyethylene group is subject to oxidation to yield several kinds of hydroperoxides. ReadiUse™ 10% Triton X-100 is a highly purified Triton™ X-100 detergent stabilized as a 10% solution (w/v), free of DNase, RNase, Protease, and peroxides.
AT A GLANCE
Concentration: 10% in Cell Culture Water
No detectable level of DNase, RNase, Protease and peroxides
Triton X-100 is most frequently used as a component in cell lysis buffer or other buffers to extract and solubilize proteins.
Examples of cell lysis buffer recipe (to extract cytoskeletal proteins):
10 mM PBS, pH 7.4
1 mM EDTA
1% Triton X-100
SAMPLE EXPERIMENTAL PROTOCOL
Protocols for preparation of cell lysate:
- Wash attached cells in cell culture dish with ice-cold PBS.
- Aspirate PBS, add ice-cold lysis buffer
1 mL: 100 mm dish or 150 cm2 flask;
5 mL: 60 mm dish or 75 cm2 flask
- Scrape adherent cells off the dish, and gently transfer the cell suspension into a pre-cooled microcentrifuge tube.
- Maintain constant agitation for 30 minutes at 4 °C.
- Centrifuge in a microcentrifuge at 4 °C.
- Gently collect the supernatant and store in a fresh tube on ice, the cell lysate is ready for use.