ReadiUse™ 10% Triton X-100 *Hydrogen Peroxide-and Carbonyl-Free*
|Shipping||Standard overnight for United States, inquire for international|
|Intended use||Research Use Only (RUO)|
|Storage||Room temperature (10-25 °C)|
AT A GLANCE
Concentration: 10% in Cell Culture Water
No detectable level of DNase, RNase, Protease and peroxides
Triton X-100 is most frequently used as a component in cell lysis buffer or other buffers to extract and solubilize proteins.
Examples of cell lysis buffer recipe (to extract cytoskeletal proteins):
10 mM PBS, pH 7.4
1 mM EDTA
1% Triton X-100
SAMPLE EXPERIMENTAL PROTOCOL
Protocols for preparation of cell lysate:
- Wash attached cells in cell culture dish with ice-cold PBS.
- Aspirate PBS, add ice-cold lysis buffer
1 mL: 100 mm dish or 150 cm2 flask;
5 mL: 60 mm dish or 75 cm2 flask
- Scrape adherent cells off the dish, and gently transfer the cell suspension into a pre-cooled microcentrifuge tube.
- Maintain constant agitation for 30 minutes at 4 °C.
- Centrifuge in a microcentrifuge at 4 °C.
- Gently collect the supernatant and store in a fresh tube on ice, the cell lysate is ready for use.