How do I design LAMP primers?
Posted June 21, 2022
For optimum performance, LAMP primers must meet these requirements:
- Be approximately 18 to 24 bases in length
- Start and end with 1 – 2 G/C pairs
- Have 40 – 60% GC content with the 3’ of a primer ending in G or C to promote binding
- Have melting temperatures between 65°C and 75°C
- Melting temperatures (Tm) of the primers should be within 5°C of each other
- The Tm for hairpins should be lower than the annealing temperature for the reaction, usually ranging between 55°C and 65°C.
- Primer pairs should not be complementary to each other