1. Select the protein. Or select "custom sequence" to enter the amino acid sequence or the UniProt ID.
2. Enter the absorbance at λmax. For a typical protein, λmax is 280 nm. However, this value may change based on the protein. Please use the maximum absorbance as indicated by the spectrophotometric reading (ie. highest peak).
3. If the absorbance is obtained with a diluted sample, enter the dilution factor in order to determine the concentration of the original sample.
4. If pathlength differs from 1 cm, enter corrected value into pathlength textbox.
5. Press calculate to display the concentration.