Cell Meter™ Intracellular GSH Assay Kit *Optimized for Flow Cytometry*
|Shipping||Standard overnight for United States, inquire for international|
|H-phrase||H303, H313, H333|
|Intended use||Research Use Only (RUO)|
|R-phrase||R20, R21, R22|
|Excitation||488 nm laser|
|Emission||530/30 nm filter|
|Instrument specification(s)||FITC channel|
|Component A: Thiolite™ Green||1 vial|
|Component B: Assay Buffer||1 bottle (100 mL)|
|Component C: DMSO||1 vial (500 µL)|
AT A GLANCE
- Prepare cells with test compounds at a density of 5 × 105 to 1 × 106 cells/mL
- Add 5 µL of 200X Thiolite™ Green into 1 mL of cell solution
- Incubate the cells in a 37°C, 5% CO2 incubator for 15 to 30 minutes
- Pellet the cells and resuspend the cells in 1 mL of growth medium
- Analyze cells using flow cytometer with FL1 channel
Thaw all the kit components at room temperature before starting the experiment.
PREPARATION OF STOCK SOLUTION
1. Thiolite™ Green stock solution (200X):
Add 500 µL of DMSO (Component C) into the vial of Thiolite™ Green (Component A) and mix well to make 200X Thiolite™ Green stock solution. Protect from light.
For guidelines on cell sample preparation, please visit
SAMPLE EXPERIMENTAL PROTOCOL
- For each sample, prepare cells in 1 mL warm medium or buffer of your choice at a density of 5×105 to 1×106 cells/mL. Note: Each cell line should be evaluated on an individual basis to determine the optimal cell density for apoptosis induction.
- Treat cells with test compounds for a desired period of time to induce apoptosis.
- Add 5 µL of 200X Thiolite™ Green stock solution into the treated cells.
- Incubate the cells in a 37°C, 5% CO2 incubator for 15 to 30 minutes. Note: For adherent cells, gently lift the cells with 0.5 mM EDTA to keep the cells intact and wash the cells once with serum-containing media prior to the incubation with Thiolite™ Green dye-loading solution. The appropriate incubation time depends on the individual cell type and cell concentration used. Optimize the incubation time for each experiment.
- Optional: Centrifuge the cells at 1000 rpm for 4 minutes and then re-suspend cells in 1 mL of Assay Buffer (Component B) or buffer of your choice.
- Monitor the fluorescence intensity using a flow cytometer with FL1 channel (Ex/Em = 490/525 nm). Gate on the cells of interest, excluding debris.
Open in Advanced Spectrum Viewer
Authors: Wu, Tsung-Han and Yeh, Kun-Yun and Wang, Chen-Hsu and Wang, Hang and Li, Tsung-Lin and Chan, Yi-Lin and Wu, Chang-Jer
Journal: Journal of oncology (2019)
Authors: Lohan, Silke B and Vitt, Kristina and Scholz, Patrik and Keck, Cornelia M and Meinke, Martina C
Journal: Chemico-biological interactions (2017)
Authors: Paudel, Gagan and Bilova, Tatiana and Schmidt, Rico and Greifenhagen, Uta and Berger, Robert and Tarakhovskaya, Elena and Stöckhardt, Stefanie and Balcke, Gerd Ulrich and Humbeck, Klaus and Br, undefined and t, Wolfgang and others, undefined
Journal: Journal of Experimental Botany (2016): 6283--6295
Authors: Gaupels, Frank and Furch, Alex and ra CU , undefined and Zimmermann, Matthias R and Chen, Faxing and Kaever, Volkhard and Buhtz, Anja and Kehr, Julia and Sarioglu, Hakan and Kogel, Karl-Heinz and Durner, Jörg
Journal: Frontiers in plant science (2016)
Authors: Aurich, Maike K and Paglia, Giuseppe and Rolfsson, Ottar and Hrafnsdóttir, Sigrún and Magnúsdóttir, Manuela and Stefaniak, Magdalena M and Palsson, Bernhard O and Fleming, Ronan MT and Thiele, Ines
Journal: Metabolomics (2015): 603--619
Authors: Cui, Zheng-Guo and Piao, Jin-Lan and Rehman, Mati UR and Ogawa, Ryohei and Li, Peng and Zhao, Qing-Li and Kondo, Takashi and Inadera, Hidekuni
Journal: European journal of pharmacology (2014): 99--107
Authors: LaMonte, Gregory and Tang, Xiaohu and Chen, Julia Ling-Yu and Wu, Jianli and Ding, Chien-Kuang Cornelia and Keenan, Melissa M and Sangokoya, Carolyn and Kung, Hsiu-Ni and Ilkayeva, Olga and Boros, László G and others, undefined
Authors: Maulucci G, Pani G, Labate V, Mele M, Panieri E, Papi M, Arcovito G, Galeotti T, De Spirito M.
Journal: Biosens Bioelectron (2009): 682
Authors: Zhang LY, Sun MX.
Journal: J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci (2009): 4051
Authors: Wang Y, Xie Y, Bernier M, Wainer IW.
Journal: J Chromatogr A (2009): 3533
Authors: Hemmateenejad B, Rezaei Z, Zaeri S.
Journal: Talanta (2009): 648
Authors: Yi L, Li H, Sun L, Liu L, Zhang C, Xi Z.
Journal: Angew Chem Int Ed Engl (2009): 4034
Authors: Goncalves H, Mendonca C, Esteves da Silva JC.
Journal: J Fluoresc (2009): 141
Authors: Pires MM, Chmielewski J.
Journal: Org Lett (2008): 837
Authors: Jin T, Fujii F, Komai Y, Seki J, Seiyama A, Yoshioka Y.
Journal: Int J Mol Sci (2008): 2044
Authors: Musenga A, M and rioli R, Bonifazi P, Kenndler E, Pompei A, Raggi MA.
Journal: Anal Bioanal Chem (2007): 917
Authors: Gao N, Li L, Shi Z, Zhang X, Jin W.
Journal: Electrophoresis (2007): 3966
Fluorimetric detection of ATPase and protein phosphatase activities by monitoring formation of inorganic phosphate
β-adrenoceptors are upregulated in human melanoma and their activation releases pro-tumorigenic cytokines and metalloproteases in melanoma cell lines
EphA2 Induces Metastatic Growth Regulating Amoeboid Motility and Clonogenic Potential in Prostate Carcinoma Cells
Matrix Remodeling Maintains Embryonic Stem Cell Self-Renewal by Activating Stat3