I am performing a phagocytosis assay of macrophages engulfing Protonex Red 600 labeled tumor cells. How do you recommend I label my cells?
Posted January 2, 2020
Protonex™ Red 600, SE (Cat No. 21208) is an amine-reactive pH-dependent dye that can be used to label proteins, antibodies and other biomolecules to study phagocytosis and endocytosis.
Below is a sample protocol for labeling cancer cells with pH-dependent dye Protonex™ Red 600, SE .
- Suspend cells at a density of 1 x 106 cells/mL in PBS buffer or HH buffer.
- Prepare 5 mg/mL Protonex™ Red 600, SE stock solution in DMSO.
- Add Protonex™ Red 600, SE to your cell suspension for a final concentration of 5~10 µg/mL
- Incubate at 37°C for one hour.
- Wash cells twice with PBS buffer or HH buffer, and then suspend cells in 1 mL complete medium or PBS buffer.
- Cells are ready for phagocytosis experiment.