How do you prepare cell samples for a sphingomyelinase assay?
Posted June 13, 2019
- Plate 2~5 x10^5 cells/well (the cell number will need to be optimized for different cell lines).
- Remove medium, replace with 50 µL PBS.
- Add 50 µL sphingomyelin working solution; incubate the reaction mixture at 37 °C for 1 - 2 hours.
- Add 50 µL of sphingomyelinase working solution; incubate the reaction mixture for 1 - 2 hours at room temperature.
- Monitor the absorbance increase with an absorbance microplate reader at 655 nm.