What are the main components of homeostasis?
Posted April 19, 2021
Homeostasis is the ability of the body to maintain relative stability and function despite drastic changes in the external environment or one portion of the body. The primary components of homeostasis include:
- Stimulus produce change in variable.
- Receptor detects or receives the stimulus.
- Control center process message. It is the operational point at which the signals are received, analyzed, and an appropriate response is determined.
- Effector is the body site where a response is generated.
- Feedback mechanisms regulates the response abd reduces tge effect of stimulus.