What are the pros of membrane asymmetry cell viability assays?
Posted June 21, 2023
Pros of membrane asymmetry cell viability assays:
- F2N12S (4′-N,N-diethylamino-6-(N-dodecyl-N-methyl-N-(3-sulfopropyl))ammoniomethyl-3-hydroxyflavone) staining is very quick (5 minutes).
- F2N12S probe is a tiny molecule and is not sensitive to proteases.
- Fixation is possible with annexin V staining.
- Both dyes – F2N12S and annexin V – can be combined with other markers for intracellular functional analysis or for cell surface phenotyping.
- Membrane permeabilization is not needed for either of the dyes.